6.07.2010

The Zoo!

6.7.10

We took a trip to the Phoenix Zoo last week... I know it's hot, but hey... I have an annual pass and they have splash pads.  Free fun!  Our goal was to make it there by 9:15 and meet some friends there.... "our" meaning mine, Zoe's, Bre's and Leighton's, plus my new niece and nephew, Taegon and Devyn.  Well... we should have known that with that many people something was bound to go wrong.

Bre made it to my house by about 8:15... Zoe just woke up at 8... so we were scrambling a bit.  We grabbed our stuff, got some toast for breakfast, and headed out the door by about 8:30.  We still NEEDED coffee, and I still had to pick up Taegon and Devyn at my brother's house... then drive to the zoo.  Sure... we'll make it by 9:15.

Oh wait... I can't remember how to get to my brother's house because it's been a crazy long time since we've been there, and he has a phobia about having people over.  The directions I printed out were different then how I remember... so I tried them, but missed the street.  So, I went the way I thought it was, and what do you know?  I made it!  Then..I forgot Zoe's swimsuit... so we had to stop at Target to buy one.  THEN... we were finally on our way.  We made it by 10... hmmm... only 45 min. late.  Not bad.

Zoe, Leighton, Taegon

Molly, Ari, Zoe... checking out the extremely boring tigers.

A little more exciting... Zoe and Taegon looking at the monkeys (or something like that).

Leighton, Taegon, Devyn

The Merry-go-round... the most anticipated thing at the zoo.  Devy and Zoe.

Taegon

Yep... Zoe again...

Zoe and Devyn... so cute, right?

No comments: