6.1.10
Hayden and I started at DSE when the school opened... he was in Kinder and I was in 4th grade (best team ever, right Kim??!!). I cannot believe it has been 6 years!
I mean, how cute is he!?! And now look at him?
Still cute!... Ok, maybe the PC term fo 10 year olds is handsome.
Anyway, it's been a fun (and interesting... and crazy) journey to see him come from a little kindergartner to an almost middle schooler. He has changed and grown in so many ways and we are so proud of him! I may have to reconsider the whole going to middle school thing and home school him instead, because I hear some weird stories of what goes on at middle school.... and don't get me started on high school!
I loved having him at my school... now maybe he didn't like it so much because I heard (amost) everything that went on... sometimes a little too much. Poor kid. But I honestly thought it was great... and he survived, and perhaps benefited a little from having his "mom" work there.
On the day of the 5th grade promotion/graduation/move-up, Hayden got an award.... for being the 3rd top reading in the entire 5th grade! Wowsers! (And seriously, all this kid does is read... or play video games. I guess not a bad combination. He reads so much that on occasion we've caught him using flashlights or old, but working, cell phones for light under his covers after bed time.... and when he goes to the bathroom, he is banned from bringing books because he ends up in there for 30 min. reading, saying he's "pooping", when he's really supposed to be brushing his teeth.) Thus, he got a medal and was called up to the front for a little acknowledgement.
(Check out homeslice in the shades... )
After the promotion, Hayden, Jonathan, and Zoe went with Hayden's mom Ronni and his other sister Emma to Applebee's to celebrate.... while I was stuck still teaching. Lamesauce!
Doesn't he look like his mom?
And doesn't he look like his dad??
And aren't he and his sisters adorable??
We love you Hayden!!




3 comments:
Really 6 years already? Amazing how clean the PODS looked in year 1!!!
Hayden looks like his Daddy...all the way! I don't know what I am going to do when Elijah is not with me anymore at school!
CONGRATS HAYDEN!
omg...i literally teared up! i cannot believe lil hayden is a middle schooler! ::sigh!!!:: how cute is he in that first picture?! oh my word! :)
and...yes...best.team.ever. until we no longer were apart of the cool club! hahahaha!
ps- um...the pod was ALWAYS clean when kimbasa was around...
(remember, i used to clean out leslie's cabinet for her...drove.me.nutz)
Post a Comment