6.13.2010

I do!

6.5.10 (This is the actual date of the wedding...)

It was a Vegas wedding.  Maybe not with Elvis or strippers (thank goodness), but it was in Vegas.  I have so many pictures that I won't bore you with, but I will put up some of my favorites.  Those on FB already saw some, but here's a bit of the story to go along with them.

Here's Nate and Jenn....
Nate finally proposed, and after much research and hoopla, they decided on Vegas.  Which is funny in it's own way because Jonathan and I had thought about Vegas... and actually ended up there for our Honeymoon - as seen here at our Blue Man Group performance.

Anyway... we drove up Friday and stopped very briefly at the Hoover Dam....


We visited the M&M store and Coke Factory.... on the way seeing millions of tiny cards that some nice gentlemen, and some ladies, were passing out to educate my children on what the very well formed female body looks like.  I mean, seriously....  First of all, I would never choose to take my children to Vegas for a vacation... I know some do, but really, there are far better places to take your kids to than the Las Vegas Strip at 9pm at night.  Can you say Disneyland?  Second of all, we parked waaaaay too far away from both those stores and ended up having to walk really far, thus traipsing through naked lady picture land AND we just wanted some M&M's and Coke, dangit!  We made it....  

 Cokes from around the world... (used to be free, now it's $7)

...heaven....

This is Hayden's new look... notice the $12.99 bag of candy he's holding, which got ruined in our cooler on the way home when water got into the bag because it wasn't closed.  Just sad....

OK... and here's some wedding shots.  Before you see them however, you must know some things ... Like, we went to the wrong chapel first, and the bride was the last to show up and we had to race to get her dressed, and we couldn't take pictures in the building (I know, weird right?... but I did anyway. I'm a rule breaker. ha!), and we didn't even get a picture of the front of the chapel (NO one did), and Jonathan and I are so lame and such homebodies that we didn't even go out after the wedding with the others...even though we were in Vegas - this one fact makes me sad and regretful... why could I not just get dressed and go out?

Zoe got to be a flower girl with Taegon.... minus the flowers....

Mother of the Groom and The Groom

Devyn... our new cousin

Another new cousin - Taegon

The Bride!

At the dinner reception... at Battista's Hole in the Wall (excellent Lasagna!... and even better cappuccino! --ours didn't have brandy)

Cutting their wedding cake... Tiramisu... and yes, we all got to try it!

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Toasting!

One of the best wedding pictures of all times... (sadly I'm taking it, and not in it...)

Last, we made it to Ethel M's Chocolate Factory (one of the M's in M&M's) which was about half a mile from our hotel.  Zoe was a little disappointed it didn't look like this....

The sculpture behind Hayden is made entirely from Chocolate.

The cactus garden at the factory... with a crazy grandma or two thrown in.

1 comment:

The Breaux Family said...

The bride's dress is beautiful.....adn $12.99 for some candy? I would have been all kinds of butt-hurt!