6.27.2009

My Sister's Keeper - Day 5

My super cool book club decided on My Sister's Keeper as one our books. Of course I hadn't gotten around to reading it, probably because it seemed incredibly depressing. Who willingly chooses a book to read when you know someone - a child - will die, and to top it off sees the movie? Well, me.

Tammy and I decided to see the movie Friday night while the girls watched Zoe in the evening. When I arrived in TX, I mentioned that I had wanted to read it, but didn't get to... and voila!... Ashley had the book. I was determined to read it before the movie. And I almost made it. I had about 50 pages before being done.... and then we saw the movie. I bawled like a baby, to say the least.

Then came home and finished the book.... And HOLY COW... totally not the same.

No comments: