What happened to day 3, you ask? Well... not much of anything. We watched some movies, visited the pool, and got some Chinese take-out.
This day we went to the Alamo... in my mind I'm picturing Pee Wee Herman's trip... remember?
Yet, we didn't get that perky tour guide, because there were no tour guides. It's a building... you walk around for 5.3 minutes and that's it. We did see David Crocket's vest, gun, and knife or something... and maybe a journal. Took a few picture with my cranky child... the hotter the weather, the crankier she gets. Good thing it's free... don't think people would actually pay. But, I can say I did it! And I can remember it!
Then, we headed down toward the river walk. Now picture Phoenix weather over 100 degrees, but with humidity. No sane person would be outside, but here we were... with Tammy, Brittany, and Ashley being kind and showing us the sights when they'd rather be indoors.... walking along the famous San Antonio River Walk and deciding that shopping at the mall would be much more fun. So we did! ha ha... I of course bought shoes and Disney store items... great sales... while the girls shopped at American Eagle. Side note... sad times... I tried to secretly buy Zoe a birthday present/halloween costume without her knowing... yet she still suspected and I still pretended I didn't buy it... and she was so sad... Man, I'm the meanest mom... she may end up with it... especially since her birthday is like 4 months away!
Anyway, after shopping we ate at Rainforest Cafe...yum... then headed back to the house - where on the way Zoe actually did fall asleep. Zoe watched Beauty and the Beast before bed then we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic with homemade popcorn... my favorite!
This day we went to the Alamo... in my mind I'm picturing Pee Wee Herman's trip... remember?
Yet, we didn't get that perky tour guide, because there were no tour guides. It's a building... you walk around for 5.3 minutes and that's it. We did see David Crocket's vest, gun, and knife or something... and maybe a journal. Took a few picture with my cranky child... the hotter the weather, the crankier she gets. Good thing it's free... don't think people would actually pay. But, I can say I did it! And I can remember it!
Then, we headed down toward the river walk. Now picture Phoenix weather over 100 degrees, but with humidity. No sane person would be outside, but here we were... with Tammy, Brittany, and Ashley being kind and showing us the sights when they'd rather be indoors.... walking along the famous San Antonio River Walk and deciding that shopping at the mall would be much more fun. So we did! ha ha... I of course bought shoes and Disney store items... great sales... while the girls shopped at American Eagle. Side note... sad times... I tried to secretly buy Zoe a birthday present/halloween costume without her knowing... yet she still suspected and I still pretended I didn't buy it... and she was so sad... Man, I'm the meanest mom... she may end up with it... especially since her birthday is like 4 months away!
Anyway, after shopping we ate at Rainforest Cafe...yum... then headed back to the house - where on the way Zoe actually did fall asleep. Zoe watched Beauty and the Beast before bed then we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic with homemade popcorn... my favorite!
In the Disney Store...
No comments:
Post a Comment