Zoe found a carpet bug last night around "dinner" time. Quotes? Because it was pantry night and her "dinner" consisted of Frosted Mini Wheats. Anyway, she found a bug... "my friend!" And would not eat dinner without it near her. She wanted to hold it in her hands while eating... gross! After a slight freak out when I told her that her friend had to eat on the ground, we compromised on a bowl for his new home.
Thinking it would be short lived... I was wrong. She took it to go to the bathroom with her. Now, she didn't carry it in the bowl. She scooted it. Imagine the bowl upside down with the poor bug being dragged across tiles. Once in a while it got lucky and got stuck in a crack, but before it could escape its torment, she figured it out and trapped it again.
Not only did it accompany her to the bathroom, it also took a shower with us. I tried to warn her, "Zoe, your bug can't swim." She disagreed and the poor thing when from water cup to water cup... eventually drowning and going up to buggy heaven. She didn't realize its decent until the shower was over, then stated, "He not alive anymore." Really?... good call. Poor bug....
1 comment:
Oh so super sad! I love the term "pantry" night! I MUST steal it!
Post a Comment