The third day of the first week of school is over. Only two more to go. When I first started in LESD, we started school on a Thursday. Seemed weird at the time, but it makes total sense now. Two days for the teachers and students to adjust to school again. The perfect amount of time to do rules and get to know you activities, then enjoy the weekend, catch up on sleep, and back to school and regular routines on Monday. Perfect! This whole back to school thing is not so fun, and a whole week of it at a time is exhausting. I could barely walk on Tuesday.
Hayden seems to be doing well. He loves 4th grade already. Zoe loves to go to Cynthia's now and see her friends, so hopefully she keeps enjoying it. In the mornings she hates for me to go, and then in the afternoons she hates for me to come. ha... thanks.
I'm teaching 2nd grade now.. looped with my first grade class so all are the same except one new girl. I really like them. It's like being with family again... there are some that have, let's say, more energy than others... but they are part of the "family" and I'm happy to have them. My team is funny though... very prepared and creative and on top of things. My old team wasn't so much... I miss them. I like my new team... don't get me wrong, but I miss my old team. There was a lot of different personalities so things were always interesting.
Speaking of old teams... the one I miss the most is my first team at DSE... Leslie, Kim, Tiffany, Sarah, and Marc. Wow... talk about the best team ever. Loved it. Miss them. Leslie is still there, Marc is in MN, Tiffany in OR, Sarah as the ELL "lady", and Kim is a stay at home mom now. So jealous. I'm trying to move back up to fourth grade. I've gone from 1st to 2nd, so almost there...
Signing off... want to sleep.
Only 177 school days left. Counting down...
No comments:
Post a Comment