3.13.2011

Hayden Does His Laundry

In an attempt to teach Hayden a lesson for not putting his clothes away after I washed them... and after his comment of  "What's the point?", Jonathan and I decided that having him do his own laundry was a good idea.  Ha... ha....

Before I left Monday morning, I explicitly told Hayden - "Don't do anything without talking to me or Dad first." 

I got home Monday and to my surprise and disgruntlement, the laundry was going.  This was annoying in two ways:
1 - We are on a time plan and rates are HIGH before 7pm.  It was only 4pm.
2 - I noticed that my brand NEW bottle of detergent's level was roughly 2 inches lower than when I left in the morning.... We have an HE machine.  !!??

I asked Hayden why he was doing laundry now and why hadn't he talked to me.  He said he talked to his mom.  Hmmm.....  I then brought up issues #1 and #2.  And although I was trying to keep my cool about #1 and #2, I was also proud of him for actually doing the laundry. 

So after rinsing the same load 3 times because there was so much soap, he was able to move on to the second load with my careful tutoring of how much detergent to actually use.

The first go around...

The bubbles were SOOOO thick!


No comments: