5.03.2010

Kids say the darndest things....

5.3.10

You know those words you dread to hear from your child as you are walking by someone who may be overweight, has a bad haircut, or is wearing something somewhat questionable??....  Those words, that when said, you want to either beat your child or run away and hide?  All of the words that could have been said, were actually said by our lovely Zoe all in one evening at Peter Piper Pizza.

Let me just start off by saying that when visiting a PPP in the West Valley, it is quite an experience.  I failed to check their dress code before going and what I wore was a comparably poor ensemble.  It is no longer okay to just wear jeans, a tshirt, and flip flops.....Unless they are skinny jeans, gladiator sandals, and some kind of tshirt circa 1982.  Plus, I didn't have the 4 inch hoops in my ears or the bump-it-gone-bad hair style.  Anyway.....

Dreadful comments by my child:
1.  A very large woman walked by and Zoe exclaimed, "She has a baby in her tummy.  Look mom!"

2.  A man behind us had a tail (I mean, really?) and Zoe pointed and said, "Look at his hair, Mom!  It's short and long... short and long... short and long." (Slight pause while I gave her "the look." - After which she politely says, "I like it.")
In the mean time, we've had a discussion about pointing... how it's not polite... and how we need to stop saying things about how people look....

3.  A kid won't get off the mini carousel, specifically off the one "horse" she wants to ride.  Zoe looks at him and says, "Your mom's calling you... time to get off."  Ha!  (side note... this kid was seriously on the same "horse" the whole entire time we were there... never moved.  Our theory was that his mom had some errands to do and she told him not to move till she got back.. hahaha.)

4.  The same large lady from #1 walked by again and ... of course... Zoe has to show me again that this lady had a baby in her tummy.  "See Mom, it's a baby.  A big one."  Note... she didn't point, per se, she indicated with her knuckles.

5.  And last, but not least because it's definitely my favorite.... there was a rather large man sitting a few tables over from us.  He had short hair, and one of those scalps that has all the rolls and creases in it towards the bottom in the back.  Can you picture it?  Zoe says... "Look at his head mom... he has ruffles."  hahahahaha

If it wasn't for my cold, I would have enjoyed a Bud Light with Jonathan to top off the evening....

1 comment:

The Breaux Family said...

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT! I can't believe people still rock tails by the way!

p.s. - The world does NOT want to see me in skinny jeans! I know my limitations!