5.16.2010

No Training Wheels!

5.16.10

Teaching Hayden how to ride his bike was, in one word, painful. It went about how everything with him goes... definiance, giving up, anger, yelling, tears, pain... etc. Well, perhaps I'm being a bit overdramatic about it, but it really wasn't very easy. I remember we took him to the park around the corner from our old house and tried to get him to start in the grass, that way if he fell it wouldn't hurt as much as on the sidewalk. It took a few times... plus he was wobbly on his bike for like 3 years after.

We figured teaching Zoe how to ride a bike would be somewhat the same, having never taught anyone else we had no one to compare it to. One of her training wheels was coming off, so we figured we'd just take them both off and try it out.

She was all for it. We tried it once in the grass in our backyard .... and amazingly she rode from one end to the other perfectly.... NO WAY! So, we were gung ho and tried her on the golf course behind our house. Take a look at the videos... second and third times... perfect! And no tears or pain!



1 comment:

The Breaux Family said...

Two things:

1. I ♥ that she is in a skirt on her bike...what a girl!

2. I am so glad you told me that it was painful teaching Hayden how to ride a bike! Elijah's experience is SO SIMILIAR! Truly I think it is as hard for us as it is for him!! ARGH!