2.27.2010

Mad Skillz

2.27.10


Well, it's been almost a week and I haven't blogged about Zoe's mad skillz with the scissors, so I guess I should....


First incident... seemed kind of ingenious! Using scissors to cut up her waffles.

Second incident was noted, but not photographed unfortunately... Snow White Barbie gets a trim. Snow White has black curly hair, which ended up in 1/2 inch pieces all over my floor. Looked like... well, I'm sure you can guess what it looked like. Note: I know it looks like her hair is cut here, but it's just a bad case of bed head. :)

The third incident went something like this....  As I was getting ready for church, Zoe asked me if she could have the scissors she got for Valentine's Day so she could cut up her paper, that she also got for Valentine's Day.  See... I'm a mom who pays attention and gets my kids things they want... she liked to cut, so she gets scissors... I'm soooo smart.  I give her the scissors, and go back to getting ready.  (Not one of my brightest moments...)  As I'm getting ready, I think to myself... wonder what she's cutting, because I didn't get her paper out for her.  So, I walked out to the kitchen and saw a little trail of blonde hair....Zoe!  What happened?  She sheepishly looks at me and says that she cut her hair.  Obviously!  I look at her and the amount of hair on the ground and think it's not too bad.... not a big problem, right? 

Then as we are throwing the hair away, after she so responsibly cleans it up (See, another good thing about my mom skillz... my kids know how to clean up after themselves!).... she says, "Look in the laundry basket, Mom." I look. I scream! And cover my face with my hands so she won't see me laughing.... I really wasn't sure weather to laugh or cry.... Look at all that hair!

  Well...  we have a discussion about not cutting our own hair.  Only Snow White's?, she asks...  Well, not even Snow White, my dear.... I comb it as best as I can... because now it has little feathery sides with sideburns and a few really short bang pieces.  Luckily she has a lot of hair and you can't tell too much... hahaha.  We got to church and her behavior there was about as bad as her hair cut... terrible!... We finally left and headed for the first open salon on a Sunday... at 10am....  The third one was open, thank goodness, and accepted walk-ins!  This is what we walked out with....  still with crooked bangs and a crooked back, which I ended up fixing.  Guess mad scissor skillz runs in the family....


She' still so cute of course.... however, my interpretation of her hair cut was something between Farrah Fawcett meets Dumb and Dumber....

1 comment:

The Breaux Family said...

L-O-L! That is the funniest story I have heard in a LONG time! Dumb and dumber is the funniest! By the way when we make pizza at home I always cut it with kitchen scissors...and we have a Pampered Chef pizza cutter..t\he scissors work better though!