2.25.10
Two weeks ago I picked Zoe up from the Y childcare and the woman told me she was chasing people and pushing them. The next time we went, she got in trouble again and had to go to time out. Then, yesterday at daycare she missed out on going to the park because she was using unkind language, such as, "I'm going to chop your head off..." or , "I'm going to kick your eyeballs." Great.
So, I took her today to the Y because Jonathan has school... we had a long talk... or as long a talk as you can have with a 4 year old.. about how to be kind to other people, use gentle hands, speak nicely, etc. I was convinced she understood. Well, when I went to pick her up she was sitting on the couch with a book, and was trying to ignore me. I asked the woman checking me out how she was... she answered with some kind of mumble about her behavior being a little off. Ok... so, as I was getting Zoe, we started to turn around and I hear, "Ma'am. Ma'am! I need to talk to you about her." Oh geez... turns out my little angel pushed a basketball hoop onto some kid, then stepped on another girl's fingers. AND... they had to fill out a behavior report. Seriously?
So, as I'm waiting for her to get the papers, she tells me she's not really sure how to fill it out ... could I just wait a minute? (Which could mean one of two things...1) There are really no behavior problems in the short hour kids are allotted in there, which means Zoe is REALLY bad... or 2) she's new or just dim. I'm hoping for #2) Really? Because I'm starving and need to go home to beat my child. I wait. She comes back and is talking to me AGAIN about what Zoe did, who at the same time decides it's a good time to stand on the bench and yank my earrings. "Sit. Down," I say in my ever so angry but polite because I'm in public voice.... Then the woman tells me that eventually Zoe won't be able to come for a whole week if she gets written up again. Ok... so I ask how many times. Once again, dim witted woman doesn't know and has to go ask someone... while I'm still waiting, still hungry, and still looking forward to going home with Zoe... Turns out it's three times, then she's out a week.
Hmmm.... what in the world do I do with a 4 year old? Lectures won't work... I tried. No attention span. Taking things away wasn't so popular either, especially since she couldn't even remember why.
So, I already have a juvenile delinquent on my hands. Watch out folks... we might be coming to a Y near you....
No comments:
Post a Comment