Many times the days go by, and they go by, and they go by... and the daily hubbub of life becomes monotonous and patterned. It's like the move Groundhog Day....
I get up, wii perhaps, shower, get ready, do lunches, Zoe's "hair and makeup" after running around and bribing her, comment on her extraordinary fashion sense (if I only had a camera 24/7), check up on Hayden, off to school, teach, see the same kids, say the same things, come home, cook something that resembles dinner, put the kids in time out for bothering each other, do baths, reading, homework, bedtimes... and start all over.
You are familiar with this pattern, I'm sure. Within our pattern, my husband and I get lost...It's nice when we find each other again. And time with the kids is too short... not enough when time passes by and all the sudden Zoe's 3 and Hayden's 9. How in the world did that happen?... (and speaking of age, when asked the other day I actually had to do the math... I couldn't remember my own age. Uggg).
I miss my baby Zoe, so fresh and new. I love my little girl Zoe, who says the funniest things and tells me she loves me. (PS... speaking of funny... This morning, Jonathan was pretending to eat her. She kept insisting that he stop, because "I'm not food, Dad. I'm just Zoe!")
I cherrish weekends... as most do... not for the fact that there's a lack of work, but for the enjoyment of spending time, actual time, with my family. I can sit, and watch my beautiful girl and feel blessed she's here. I can talk with Hayden and realize how much I don't know about life. And I can remember how much I love Jonathan... and how much he drives me crazy.
2 comments:
DJ and I were just talking about that last night. It seems to happen this time of the school year. Last night we picked up some drive-thru and went to the park for an hour. It was bliss to just watch the kids play and not worry about anything. I would LOVE a four day work week so that one day could be dedicated to our own kids and not cleaning/cooking/getting ready for next week.
I know that pattern WAY TOO WELL! We have to atch ourselves and get away while we are here also!
Post a Comment