1.27.2009

Wii and Wine

Remember when Hayden dazzled us with his party planning skills in December and "planned" a Christmas party sans parent knowledge? It was deja vu all over again... this time a wii party. While talking with my parents about when to give their truck back... since we've been borrowing in for a few days while waiting for Jonathan's new truck... they said, "We can always get it at the wii party."

"What?"

"Your wii party on Tuesday."

"My wii party on Tuesday?"

"Yes, the one that Hayden sent us an email about... from his own email account."

"Oh, the wii party. Yes, I know nothing about that."

Turns out that he planned a wii party, but only my parents were invited (thank goodness) because it's the only email he could find. (I'm sure we should say something to him about planning parties without our knowledge, but it's kind of cute... we'll save that conversation for high school years... Ha ha... well, let's hope not). They were good sports and showed up. Hayden spoiled us with "desserts" where we had to get them outside in the cold --- Dora raisins, granola bars, rice crispy treats, Hershey kisses.

Mom and I had wine... thus the wii and wine. Then a little Bailey's and coffee to top it off. Fun times Hayden. Thanks!

3 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

YES! The Wii and combination is PERFECT! For real --Especially while playing Mario Kart! FUN TIMES!

kimbasa said...

Oh sad times... I didn't know they were really coming over! HAHA- we woulda totally come! :D

Jaime said...

I'll have to try mario kart again, since it made no sense last night... wine or not. And yes kim, we'll do it again! This time you will come! :)