1.22.2009

Book Club

Thanks to my friends/co-workers, I am a full fledged dork because I belong to a book club. Funny thing ... is that I'm super excited about it. Like many others, I love to read and this way I get to talk about it as well. Well, there is Jonathan, but that's like talking to a wall. If I was talking about quads or how to build something, then he might acknowledge my comments. For instance, last night I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife and was crying... what a great book by the way... and instead of saying..."must be a good book"... he gives me a hug and feels sorry for me. Then I really feel like a dork. At least he noticed...

Oh well... So far our club has read Hunger Games (fabulous book with a sequel coming soon), The Countess Below Stairs (mmm...not my fave), and The Time Traveler's Wife (great!...with a movie coming soon).... Next is Inkheart (with a movie field trip planned), then more on our list like Graceling... and more that I can't remember. I've also read The Host (oh my gosh... loved it!) and am in the middle of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (of course I'm doing the midnight showing this summer!) .

Do you have any recommendations??

1 comment:

KCA said...

I'm in a book club too. And I love it. We go out to eat every month & pretend to talk about our books. It's more an excuse to eat out, but I've gotten some good books out of it. We've read "Shantaram" (huge at 900 pages, but good), & forget many of the others, but I'll let you know.