7.25.2010

6 years...

I've been at DSE.... I started there in 4th grade with my BFFs... Kim and Leslie... plus Tiffany, who moved away to Oregon for  few years, but has joined us back here just this summer! Then we met Sarah and Marc who joined our team... and what a perfect team it was.  That first year...

Then, the next year we had all of us again, but I went on maternity leave with Zoe in October.  The day before I was coming back in January I was asked to take over the gifted class for the rest of the year.  And Leslie went on maternity leave in March.  Plus, Tiffany left midyear for another job.  Also, Sarah had taken another position in the school.  Kim and Marc were left...

That summer, I thought I would stay home for a few years and be with Zoe.  But, I still needed extra money so my idea was to have a day care.  BAD idea.  I can be a teacher... but not a day care provider.  So, I went back to teaching in first grade for the next two years because all that was open was first grade.

Then, I moved to second grade for two years... the second of those two years being last year.

This year I start a new adventure at a new school.  Why, you may ask.  Well... I have no freakin' idea!  I voluntarily chose to move towards the end of the school year for some various reasons.... the new principal is a former teacher friend and will be great!, it sounded like an interesting adventure, it's new, some of my friends were going... blah, blah.  However, the reasons to stay were great also.... many of my friends are at DSE, my team was awesome!, moving is a pain, etc.

So, I prayed and prayed and it really felt like God was telling me to go.  So, I put in to go.... and I got it!  But then, I started panicking and freaking out.  I didn't want to leave my friends, my team, my school, the staff... many of whom Hayden had from kinder through 5th grade and leaving meant Zoe wouldn't have any of them.  Going meant a new team, packing and unpacking boxes, learning new ways of doing things, and just not having all of my friends.  Although, there are a few good ones going!

Then, I changed my mind... and actually asked if I could keep my position at DSE.  As well as did another teacher who requested to go but changed her mind.  Guess what... we were DENIED.  Our positions were no longer since we requested to go to the new school and were accepted. 

Ok... I know some of you might be thinking... but you prayed and felt God leading you there, right?  Yes... I did!  But I'm also human and still freaked out!!

Needless to say... I am still going to the new school.  I have totally accepted that it's where I'm supposed to be, for some reason.  I came to terms with this one evening after a few glasses of wine.. .always helpful.  I have unpacked many boxes already and am going there tomorrow to hopefully finish and get as much done as possible so I can enjoy the rest of my summer... at home... not working!

2 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

SOOOO exciting and you get NEW EVERYTHING! You will do just great!

Unknown said...

I totally understand Jaime! I am totally freaking out too. But we must go where the Lord leads. Our new adventures will be amazing!