8.17.2010

First Day of School

Well... I'm SOOOO behind on my blogging, it's almost annoying.  I got bogged down with starting up at my new school and have not wanted to do anything.  BUT, I have to put up my pictures of my kids (albeit they are not great pictures at all because we were in a hurry) of their first day of school.

Hayden started 6th grade this year.... and got a boat load of responsibilities dropped on him all at once.  He leaves the house about 45 min. after we do, has to lock up, catch the bus for school... then afterwards, get the bus home and let himself in.  I am usually home when he gets here, but sometimes not.  And then of course he just has to deal with being a middle school kid.  But he has done fabulous!! We are so proud of him.  Side note... he did have a little trouble with is locker on the first day and couldn't get it open at the end, so just left his backpack and lunch box in it.  ha!  And speaking of lunch box, poor kid is one of the only ones with one.  Guess I'll have to let him be cool a couple times a week and buy.



And Zoe started preschool this year at my school.  She loved the first three days... and has been a little clingy when I've dropped her off since.  However, she is still doing great and tells us all kinds of stories.  She is really looking forward to "losing her lunchbox" so she can eat the school food.  Good thing it's cheap!

This is Zoe at open house, which my parents brought her too.  Notice her fake nails... compliments of Grandma.

2 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

GO HAYDEN! He is so responsible!

I love that Zoe liked the first 3 days...Elijah liked the first week of kindergarten, then he said, "I have to do it again?"

katie said...

Do you mean you were 'blogged' down. HAHA. I just couldn't keep that one to myself. Zoe is adorable.