1.18.2010

#1, #2

I can successfully cross off two things on my list... I made and finished making a list of 101 goals in 1001 days AND organized it.

This list somewhat stresses me out and makes me nervous for various reasons ... #1 - it's published... allowing many people to look at and judge me on my choices and if I've done my said choices... #2 - I will undoubtedly not make all of the goals in 1001 days, which leads me to #3 - why would I put things on there that I know I won't make?... I guess it will make me work towards them (I mean seriously... I could put something like "visit all 7 continents" but you and I both know this will never happen within a 3 year time frame, so why even put it?).... and #4 - if I don't make some goals, then I've failed... and I hate failure!

That all said, I've accomplished not one, but TWO goals. 99 more to go...

PS... In the midst of all of this, I've found there are TONS of websites and blogs devoted to this.
http://101goalsin1001days.com/
http://dayzeroproject.com/

1 comment:

The Breaux Family said...

Seriously, I am so afraid of failure that I refuse to post a list for others to see and judge me by if I don't make it.

It really does look fun and would keep me motivated.......just so much pressure!