Spring Break has sprung...
And Hayden has enjoyed every minute of it by being a boy... he had a friend spend the night Friday, then spent the night at his house Saturday (staying up till 3 in the morning and sleeping till noon -- making of college student?), and has just had his 3rd sleep over... and playing games again. I should really monitor the whole game playing thing, but since it is spring break... some things get to slide. Sort of like personal hygiene... we have to force him to bathe... hmmm....
Speaking of game time, we (as in me telling jonathan we should do this) monitor his game time during the school week... about 30 min. or so a day. He can earn more if he has marbles to cash in... another blog. It seems to make sense - we don't want his brain oozing out his ears because of too much game time... plus his eyes start to glaze over and we have to stand directly in front of him to be heard. Grandma Collard says... I never had time limits for you guys... you just got off when you wanted. Well, 1) I'm a girl and there are better things to do, and 2) Nate still plays games. Haha.
Also speaking of monitoring time, zoe is allotted no more than 2 hours of tv time (including movies) a day... I have this phobia of some zombied child staring at the tv... plus I read somewhere that before 5 years old they should have no more than 2 hours a day, if that. And it is sad, because when she goes next door to our neighbors and sees Dora on, she just sits there glued to the tv... Maybe we should have no tv hours... I barely watch it. I'm not sure everyone else would agree. Hayden hardly watches tv either, except for movie nights. I've got my kids hooked on popcorn... Yum.
Anyway..... Monday we went to the park with Karen and Leslie... and Zoe got to play with her BFF's, Amanda and Brody. Geez, it seems something insightful and witty is needed in this blog, but in actuality, I think my brain turned off with spring break... Enjoy the pics.... (soon I'll have some of Hayden, but he's anti pictures lately...)
More pics coming soon of what I got to do yesterday... but I can't spoil the surprise. Aaahhh.. the suspense! And Jonathan, well he's spraying weeds and bugs... contact if interested. :)
2 comments:
Cute pics from the park...
Lunch was fun today. Zoe is a cutie and Jadon had so much fun playing with her. It was drama the whole way home about how "It's so hard to say goodbye to Zoe!"
I totally agree about the TV thing, but Jadon can be a TV junkie too...what is it with them? Especially when he is sick, I tend to let him watch a lot just to keep him calm and happy...otherwise he is such a grouch and then its like we have to detox from having watched too much TV.
I wonder how many hours a day I spend on my computer?
Hey...I think we could use a good weed spraying? Probably front and backyard. Let me know if your hubbie has time to do that?
AMEN to the limiting TV and game time. Elijah has to earn his as well. So we have this timer for him - set for 30 min each - for getting ready in the AM and getting ready for bed in the PM. If he finishes on green (first 24 min) he can earn 30 min "electronic time", yellow earns 15 min (6 min mark to 2 min mark) and then finishing on red is 2 min of "electronic time".
Now you know a girl would have figured out "geeee if I hurry up I can get 1 hour and split it up between tv and game system". Nope not my 7 year old ..... truly he finishes on red 90% of the time and then gets made when 2 mins goes so fast.......hmmmmm maybe I should just blog about his huh?
Post a Comment