So, this working thing is for the birds! I have no time to do anything... my house is not clean... I hardly cooked this week... and then I actually have a little time to blog and nothing interesting comes to mind. Thus, here are some rambling thoughts.
I had parent teacher conferences this week. Actually one more to tomorrow. I love how some parents are very in tune with how their kids perform and behave because they are realists. They agree with all I'm saying and nod with that knowing look that says, "You don't have to tell me. I already know." Then there are those who think that their kids are just "thinkers" and that's why they score so low.. they just don't have time to think about it enough...optimists. I'm glad I'm not delusional. I know my kids are fabulous! :)
Jonathan's an eternal pessimist. Nothing's ever good enough, big enough, loud enough. He sees that people are out to get him. Hayden is that way. He has a reason for not liking everything. Even if he liked it the day before, he doesn't like it today because it... whatever.
I am an eternal optimist. The grass is greener here. Think about how they feel. We are rich because we have family... a house... some money for McDonald's ice cream. Yum.... could totally go for one of those right now.
Zoe, at this age, is an optimist too. I'm guessing most little people are. Hopefully it will stay that way.
More random thoughts... Hayden takes his showers in the morning. Yesterday morning Zoe scared him to death by hopping in with him.... at 6 in the morning. I guess she was going to the bathroom when Hayden walked in on her and got in the shower. Would have loved to see his face! He also took a shower with her last night. We tell him that if he's going to do that, that he has to actually wash her. Since he refused to touch is sister... and she has to do everything herself...his idea of washing her is throwing the soapy shower puff at her a few dozen times until every inch of her body has been touched by soap, including her hair. Yesterday she smelled very distinctly like Old Spice. Must have used Jonathan's soap. Old Spice.
2 comments:
Love this post! You crack me up. And I wonder is it's a male thing. Eric's pretty pessimistic. And I'm definitely one of those realist parents you talk about.
I almost peed in my pants! This is hilarious! I would have flown back from Japan to see Haydan's face and smell Zoe with Old Spice soap!
Post a Comment