7.28.2008

The good ol' days

Hayden got a new cookie cookbook the other day when his Grandma Kathy took him and Zoe to the bookstore. It's a fun outing she likes to take them on occasionally. Today we used it and made cookies. And by the way, I hardly make cookies because they are messy and frankly they just don't turn out. I feel like I have slighted my children in that area since I remember all the fresh cookies my mom would bake and think that all kids need that memory. So, Hayden and I set out to make some regular Chocolate Chip Cookies. I got to use my Kitchen Aid Mixer that I got for a wedding present... It's been used about 2x a year. Hayden did most of the work, including fishing out the egg shell that got mixed in. And, I have to tell you.... those cookies turned out fabulous. We couldn't stop eating them. So, for your enjoyment and because I was so proud of us , I've included the recipe. Enjoy.

No comments: