7.15.2011

Can I see your Braille menu?

That's the exact question Jonathan asked when going through the drive thru at McDonald's.  Key word... drive thru!  We were on our way to church last Sunday morning.... so of course we have our sunglasses on.  Can you picture us driving in Jonathan's white truck?

Ok.... so after Jonathan asked for the menu, I proceed to freak out because we are late.... and they left us at the order box thing to go look for a Braille menu....  Finally we pull up to the payment window without ordering first.  At the window are the little 16 year old girl who is taking orders, and a manager, who claim they can't find the menu.  Jonathan tells them never mind... that I read the menu to him... and that we are ready to order.  So, we order.... then after we pay, the manager walks away and the girl says, "Can I ask you a question?  Like, how do you drive if you can't see?"  ?!@#$*&.... What!!  Poor thing... still thinks Jonathan is blind.  I immediately look out my window so I don't have to see her because I would have lost it, and Jonathan answers, "Well... I just look for big shapes and then my wife tells me when to stop."  The look on her face... priceless.  I snorted.

When we get to the next window, Jonathan decides to milk it....  There are about two people at the window, and by now some have heard that there's some blind guy going through the drive thru.  When the employee tries to hand Jonathan his drink, he puts his hand in the wrong place like he doesn't know where it is...a few different times, while the employee is going, "Ohh... sorry!  Ohh...!!"  Then, when they go to give him the bag of McDonald's healthy goodness, he pretends he has no idea they are hanging it out the window....  "Sir, excuse me... here's your food."  Again, he pretends not to see it and starts grabbing thin air.

There are now 5 people staring out the window at the blind guy, and one wife in the white truck with supposed blind guy who looks like she's having some kind of seizure.  The next drink comes and... well you know.  Finally, we have all our stuff and Jonathan says, "Ok Honey... let's go.  How far till I have to turn?"

We cried and laughed and snorted all the way to church.  Great way to start a morning... and I had an iced coffee!

3 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

This is officially the BLOG ENTRY OF THE YEAR!!!

Fantastic! I made Eddie read it too!!

Unknown said...

Hilarious.

kimbasa said...

OH.My.Goodness. This is seriously my favorite story ever!