7.19.2011

Cake Pops...err... balls...

I attempted to make cake pops for Hayden's birthday because this blog made it look so easy!  I thought I would take pictures of my baking adventures so I, too, could enlighten those out there who want to make this tasty snack.  Hahaha... well, that's not going to happen.  But... I will enlighten you with my cake pop experience that did NOT go as planned...
I baked a cake...(Duh)

crumbled it up...

Then, what I forgot to take a picture of, since I know you're dying to know... is the 1/2 to 3/4 can of frosting I added to the crumbled cake mix.  THEN... I made cake balls below.

Here's what happened when I tried to dip the cake ball in the chocolate.. it came off the stick and plopped down.  Hmmm.....

So, I thought... hmm.... I'll just drop the cake ball in the chocolate, coat it, and then stick the stick in.  Viola!

Here are my cake balls.. pops.  They are not pretty, and do not stay on the stick.  I'm thinking I made them too big.  Ahh well.... The kids really liked them... and my uncle Charlie.

1 comment:

The Breaux Family said...

LOL! I LOVED this entry! Oh my.....that is the funniest thing ever....well next to Hayden needing sleep and the Braille menu blog! When I made them, I had to freeze the cake balls on the stick overnight BEFORE I dipped them in chocolate :) Better luck next time! They looked good though and the kids ate them ..... in my book that equals SUCCESS!