10.17.2010

Runner or Shuffler?

I cannot in any way classify myself as a "runner"... especially since I don't even really run.  I shuffle.  Imagine an elderly person in pink fuzzy slippers with a walker "racing" for the best spot at the bingo table... they could probably out "run" me....

In in any case, I'm still dragging my behind out of bed at 5 in the morning 2 or 3 days a week to run, plus doing a "long" run on the weekends.  My dad sends me a running schedule made by marathon pros or something, which he sticks to like glue.... I use it more as a guideline.  I actually made it 4 miles... with a couple walk breaks... the other morning.  My knee hurt the next morning and so did my hip flexers.  He made it 6.  Hmmm....  Let's hope I make it up to 6 at least before November 7... it's our first actual race that we are entering.  The Phoenix 10K.

My dad also sent me a super cool website that lets you create running routes... then I use the "snipping tool" on our computer and just save them... Here's the site: http://www.usatf.org/routes/

... and here are a few of my runs..(I know this must be extremely exciting...):
2.5 miles

3.0 miles

 3.2 miles - did it this morning actually

4.2 miles (did this the first time last Friday)

5.1 miles... I have yet to do this... next Saturday is the plan.

I have learned to plan longer runs with bathrooms along the route.  Ha ha!

2 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

I totally plan my runs around bathrooms too! Brilliant minds think alike!

Violet Conner said...

After babies....that is the ONLY way to go...I concur, Jaime=)