10.07.2009

Williams!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted something. I'm really getting out of the habit... as I say in all my latest blogs. Let's see if I can get things going again...
We had the pleasure of visiting Williams with some friends of ours... Sarah and Kevin, and their daughters Jacey and Jaelyn. The weather was actually a little chilly! - but of course a nice change from the heat... which is actually not as hot now.

On the way up there we were greeted by an Officer Willis who promptly gave Jonathan a speeding ticket for going 12 miles over. Hmmmm..... But the rest of the trip was much more enjoyable.

Highlights:
  • The kids were able to free their inner pyros and dabble in some fire, while roasting marshmallows and literally puking from too much.
  • We were super close to the fire in Williams, which was right across the highway. We even saw one of the water helicopters getting water from a nearby lake.
  • The kids got to hold and shoot dangerous weapons... and had much fun doing so.
  • Jonathan and Kevin blew up a printer with Tannerite.... then Sarah and I got to join the clean up crew.
  • The Bear Tounge!
  • The Pottery Hike we went on, where we found broken Indian pottery and arrowheads. Jonathan found an arrowhead still in awesome condition.
  • We got a flat tire on the way out of town... luckily we were still at the cabin.
  • And of course... having a great time with friends!

No comments: