10.31.2009

Planning....

A couple weeks ago we joined the YMCA. And I've actually worked out a couple times a week since. Shocking... I know. We debated between the Y and Lifetime... which, in all aspects of a gym, Lifetime is IT. However, the Y was cheaper... and with the deal we got, we couldn't pass it up.

Last Monday we went.... and before we left, I put on a pot of chili to be ready when we walked back in the door. Genious, I thought. And it worked. So I had the idea to do it every Monday. How easy would that be, to know that chili will be on Mondays after we visit the gym... something healthy and easy! However, Jonathan, somehow couldn't handle it.... because it was a PLAN. Which, is a four letter word in his mind.

Jonathan and I are so different from each other it's amazing things actually work out. He instantly tenses up when I ask about plans ... for the weekend, next week, TODAY.... and I feel like vomiting if there is no plan in place. My insides get all knotted up and I feel like I can't go on if I don't have something to plan or if something isn't planned. Plan plan plan.

So, for the most part I plan and just don't tell him about it. I plan what's for dinner each night... what I'm doing this weekend, next weekend, and next month on Tuesday night. Jonathan even has a hard time dealing with the kids' bedtimes... because they're PLANNED. I know, crazy. We have a calendar on the computer that I sneak things onto... and without him knowing it, things get planned. Who can function without plans? I even plan to plan....

And speaking of plans and the YMCA, he cannot commit to which nights he would like to go because it's a .... plan....

Well, there you have it... the lamest of all blogs by far. I have more planned, but as of now, that's it.

1 comment:

KCA said...

I can totally relate to this. We are little this way too. And I'm proud of you guys for going the YMCA!