The countdown begins... to summer, to stay at home momhood, to vacation and swimming and fun with the kids. There are 9.5 days left of school.
I relish the summers when I can pretend staying home with the the kids (mostly Zoe since Hayden's with his mom every other week) is my full time job. And just when I start to believe it, the summer comes to an abrupt halt and I stand around wondering where the time went... and why didn't I get that room painted, and how come my skin is still painfully white, and why didn't we go to more places, see more things, do more activities, and why in the world did I not excercise enough.... and why does school have to start now!!???
I can't wait.... to.... wake up to sunlight and not my alarm clock, to make coffee in the mornings and actually drink it while it's still hot (and not have to heat it up in the micro at school, but only somtimes because we have a mini micro which not all my mugs fit into... ugg!), stay at home and do nothing, or travel and run "errands" during the week, visit free places with my culture pass, swim and hopefully teach Zoe to swim, hang with friends, try not to spend money, see Texas?, visit my wii fit trainer - who will undoubtedly scold me -, and to of course spend time with my family.
What will you do this summer?
4 comments:
9.5 days left! I am JEALOUS! I have WEEKS to go still......June 12th to be exact!
Ooohhh... my count sounds a lot better.
I'll still be workin' and schoolin'. Boo Hoo. But you better be home the end of Aug or beginning of Sept, because we're hoping to do a 3 week road trip!
hmmm... i was hoping to spend time w/ you and zoe and les and the boys!
Post a Comment