Well... it seems that lately I've not been in the mood to blog... or perhaps it's all the books I've been reading, and thus haven't had time to do anything else! Sigh... Jace....
Ok, so here's a catchup on what's been happening....
A couple weeks ago our long lost friend Marc visited in town. He was on our first fourth grade team...Here are Leslie, Kim, Marc and me.... Good times.
The next day we visited our friends for an Easter Bash... wow, was it super cool. They had tables out for the kids to decorate eggs, Einstein Bros. coffee and bagels, plus other goodies. Then, they had about a million eggs for the 20+ kids to hunt for. Even the Easter Bunny made an appearance. This is the first holiday character that Zoe has ever had a picture with... I know, sad, right? The even sadder part is, is that Jonathan got his picture taken with him.... and the saddest part...??? The Easter Bunny turned out to be some 70 year old man that Jonathan squashed when sitting on him... LOL



We decorated eggs... Hayden was forced at first, but then actually got into it. By golly, you will have fun! We tried for sparkle eggs... hee hee SPARKLE.... and the first few worked, the last ones were more like clumps of sparkly goo. It was fun though.



Easter! It was at my house this year, which is nice because we don't need to go anywhere, but then I actually have to clean... I forgot paper plates, so we used every single one we had, even Zoe's plastic ones. Sorry! Tons of fun though. And Grandma and Aunt Carrol spoiled the girls with TONS of eggs to hunt for.
I got a contract.... thank goodness for my job!
I finished the Mortal Instruments series... very good.
Zoe told Jonathan... "You don't know Dad... You don't know nuffin'!" ha ha... at least we're in agreement.
Jonathan was a guest scientist in my classroom to "help" make Oobleck for our solids/liquids unit. OMG... OMG... It was such a disaster that it was almost funny. Almost. He took over and treated these kids like high schoolers, with out step by step directions and all turned to CHAOS. I was all happening so fast that I couldn't even stop him.. it was like I was as step behind him the whole time trying to fix things. Another teacher came in, gasped in shock at the mess, and left laughing. The room looked like a bag of flour had exploded, then someone came along and spritzed it with a water bottle. Even the kids, the chairs, desks, floors, bookshelves. I was near tears. I even borrowed the school vacuum cleaner and vacuumed while the kids read. OMG
And, that's all I can remember as of now... more to come...
2 comments:
You are TOO funny!
1. I think it was pretty great that you had a guest scientist and that he treated them like high schoolers......oobleck is a mess with 5th graders...I can only imagine younger!
2. I have YET to decorate eggs with Elijah -- probably b/c I know he will be more concerned with playing outside with the neighborhood rugrats than finishing what he has started!
I love Jonathon on the easter bunny lap. I'm dying laughing.
Post a Comment