4.30.2009

hmmm

I'm sitting at the computer with some quiet time to finally gather my thoughts.. .and I've figured out I don't really have any. It's my reality it seems, that life ceases to flourish when my kids are sleeping in bed and my husband is working outside. ha ha... and I have no books to read, and no attention span to watch something on tv. I guess I need a hobby. Seriously... that's no going to happen though.

I am still on the ... "I need to work out!" ... kick.... but nothing yet. I'll update as needed.

Let's see.... Zoe is truly coming into her own. She is one of the most determined individuals I know. Perhaps it's because she's three and society's standards do not affect her, or quite possibly it's really just her and I have a long read ahead of me... and terrible teenage years. I'm hoping her determination and stubborness (is that even a word?) will really pay off when some guy hits on her way down the road and she can say "beat it...I'm waiting for the right guy"... since she's not dating until 20 something. She knows her mind and is very strong willed.... good qualities, in my opinion. She is daring and mischevious, and will be the firsto break some kind of bone... way before Hayden.

And Hayden... is Hayden. He is strong willed as well, but a little more cautious. He has the world's biggest heart and loves his sister and cat whole heartedly. He is also one of those little guys that falls into the angry adolecents category... apparently it's big in the pre-teen years. yeah... We are all working hard at figuring out emotions and words to put with them. He can't stand school at the moment, but loves to read. So much so that he's banned from bringing his own reading books to his reading class. Ironic, wouldn't you say? He would rather read, aside from playing games... which he would do nonstop if he didn't have limits. I had a college professor who, when he was a teacher, had a student who read constanty. Instead of fighting her, he let her read all the time...in class, during lessons, etc... as long as she stayed caught up and passed exams. Funny... wonder if that would work for Hayden?...Doubtful.

I'm off to find something useful to do... clean? Um, nope. Perhaps I'll find a lost book somewhere...

No comments: