Well, unbeknown to us, he started filling out invitations and handing them out to his neighborhood friends. Well... guess who showed up last night! LOL... Jonathan was playing guitar hero in his pj's and I was just getting home from a little trip to the store... and we have nothing planned. Or I should say, Hayden had nothing planned. There they all were with poor little Zoe trying to keep up in her summer tank dress and black patent leather shoes ... her "ballet shoes". So, we quickly pooled our resources and found a frozen pizza, chicken, potatoes, green beans, and apples.... I know, seriously? The kids raved about the "homemade" pizza... (whatever.. thank you diagorno) and said the apples were the best ever. What nice kids! Then we had them make our homemade cup ornaments. Haven't seen them? See pics and directions below... Anyway, the "party" was a success and it was topped off with ice cream at the end. Fun times! Good idea Hayden!
Cup Ornaments
"Ingredients":
- plastic tumbler cups (the kind that would crack/break if you squeezed them)
- plastic beads (the clearish colored ones look best)
- nail
- pliers
- candle
- thin ribbon or ornament hanger
They are very unique and mess free!
3 comments:
OMG! I have to do this next school year as a craft -- I can afford some plastic cups --- are those nomal beads!
Yes... normal beads. Make sure they are pretty though, or they don't come out as nice.
Good job! And thanks goes, I guess, to Hayden. That's too funny. At least the parents didn't show up too!
Post a Comment