9.07.2008

Shop till you...

get ran over by a shopping cart! My mom and I braved the opening of TJ Max and Home Goods. There's a Home Goods by her house at Arrowhead so we already knew we liked the store. I thought innocently, let's go check it out... with Zoe in a stroller. Right! Mom and I got there and quickly realized this was not a casual shopping trip. This was a fight and we were not going down.

After "meandering" through the first few aisles, we woke up and realized this was not a place for Zoe. She was already asking to get out. Wow... we'd hardly started. I called Jonathan and begged him to come pick her up. As he approached the store, he called me and said he was blocking traffic and the crowd didn't look happy... so hurry!

With her gone, mom and I looked a little more... over heads and under legs, through arms and peek holes. We found some great deals though on the Home Goods side. Then we saw the check-out line. We were in the back, very back, of the store. And so was the line, from end to end and side to side ran the line. Wowsers! So, mom got in line and I shopped, then we switched. Mind you, we still had the stroller because carts were scarce.

Eventually we both ended up in line and while passing different sections, we started throwing things in the cart and decided to buy them anyway because once we made up our mind later they'd be gone anyway.

Happy to say, after about an hour... yes, an HOUR... in line, we made it out alive. I got pants, a sweater, metal scroll thingy, and two pictures. Super cool... then off to lunch at Rubios across the street. While eating, I got a call from Jonathan that said I getter get over to McDonald's because Zoe was refusing to come out of the helicopter. Ha ha... Good Luck Jonathan! I'm having a nice quiet lunch. How's yours?? Love you....

1 comment:

The Breaux Family said...

FABULOUS! Wow...what I would do for a simple Target visit, but hey Target.com does ship overseas:)