4.06.2010

Easter

4.6.10

Easter.

Here are some highlights of Easter weekend since I don't have the energy or patience to actually sit down and write a "story".  Plus, I'm actually doing this at school while the kids are at morning recess.  I have limited time.  Pictures to come....

* Volunteering at the 5:00 Saturday church service in Zoe's preschool class... when we arrived there were (I kid you not) 70 four and five year olds... and about 5 adults.  I didn't volunteer out of the goodness of my heart... I volunteered because I feared for my dauther's safety. 
* Manning the playdough (before storytime activity) station at the 5:00 service where a kid shoved yellow playdough in his ears, then when he took it out smooshed it back with the rest of the playdough.
* Zoe copying the playdough ear kid and doing it herself... then me getting sharp object to dig it out.  (Side note... I purposely avoid playdough on Sunday mornings when I usually volunteer.)
* Volunteering at the 8:30 service on Sunday... my original time.  No playdough mishaps this time, but at least for the lesson I knew what I was doing.
* Seeing all the cute 4 and 5 year olds dressed up in their Easter outfits.  So adorable!
* Not coloring Easter eggs this year... I totally forgot even though I bought the dye and eggs... I think I see an egg coloring activity this week being planned.
* Easter dinner at our house!  Included: Grandma and Grandpa, Great Grandma, Carrol and her famous deviled eggs, Charlie, Cheryl, Tom, Josh, Zach, Nate, Jenn... and a late showing of the other Sipe family.
* The planning of Nate and Jenn's Vegas wedding.  Woo Hoo!
* Watching Hayden help hide eggs for the younger kids.... all 110 that Great Grandma and Carrol stuffed.  Wow!
* Watching the kids shove most of the candy they found in the eggs into their mouths without breathing.
* Putting Zoe to bed without a bath since everyone stayed late.
* Bringing Zoe to her sitter's with sand still encrusted on her scalp and dirt under her fingernails the next day.... I'm the mom who brought the dirty kid to daycare.
* Putting a clean Zoe in a sandy bed Monday night.

No comments: