12.26.2009

Check Mate?

Hayden tried to teach Zoe how to play chess this morning.... yes, chess.

Here's something how it went...

H: Ok, this is a chess board.

Z: oh

H:  Do you want to be black or white?  Black or tan?

Z:  Black.  It's pretty.

H:  Ok.  This is the king and this is the queen.

Z:  Are they married?

H:  Um... sure.  And these are called pawns.  Can you say pawn?

Z:  Pawn.  Are they them kids?

H:  Sure... the pawns are the king's and queen's kids.  This is a horse....

Z:  Oh... a horsey.  So the kids can ride it?  I have a horsey.

H:  Whatever, Zoe... Do you want to play?

Z: ok

H:  This is called a bishop.

Jonathan:  Yeah, like some guy in church.

Z:  I go to church.

H:  Ok...Here's how you set them up...

Z: I want them here....no... here!

H:  They don't go there.... ugg... Zoe!  Jaime!  She's messing it up!

Jaime:  hahahaha.... really?  And I thought it was going so well.....

1 comment:

kimbasa said...

that is awesome!!!! lolol